The American West - GrambsPhoto

1875 RELIC

The building started in Bannak, Montana, as the Beaverhead County Courthouse. It was vacated in 1881, when the county seat was moved to Dillon, and remained empty until circa 1890, when a Dr. John C. Meade bought it and turned the building into a plush hotel. It operated off and on into the 1940s.

bannackmeadehotel